Friday, August 8, 2008

08/08/08

i adore the olympics .... 
every bit of it.... 
i live in atlanta... and LOVED when the olympics were here .... 
i went to the 76 olympics in montreal ..... my parents were groovy like that! ...... 

so .... these are the things you need to see and know to get up to speed on the olympics .... 
this is a photo of a lego construction .... of the olympic nest .... how groovy is that ... see more here .....

i read this magazine article this afternoon .... and found it online, just for you ..... 100 olympic athletes that you need to know about ..... 

and then, just to stay caught up with all the goings on .... put this one on your tool bar ..... 

what's your favorite thing about the olympics? 

7 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

oooh - that just makes you cooler than you were a few minutes ago! I have been watching the opening ceremonies and now that they are doing the "parade of nations" I can type and watch ... sort of. :)

thanks for the most excellent links!

aimee said...

i misread the title of that article the first time. i thought it said, "100 olympic athletes that need to know about you."

my favorites used to be gymnastics, swimming, diving and track & field, but now my favorite is the story of you yakking at 4 different olympic venues in 1996.

Jeannie said...

I get Time and have the article on the table near the sofa...
I put the medal tracker on my blog just a few mins ago...
and I blogged about the olympics today...
oh and we toured montreal about 2 mos before the olympics started in 1976 (my longtime fave tshirt was from that vacation)
we are both nuts I think

Very Mary said...

hot guys in tight clothes. Oh wait. No. But I do have a soft spot for swimmers!

Wendy said...

My favorite things about the Olympics? Michael Phelps. ;)

Contessa Kris said...

Do you know what I find amazing? I know that I will always come to your blog and find enjoyable posts. Love this one. Thanks for visiting my blog recently and your kind comments. ALways a pleasure to hear from you. I need to show my dd this lego piece. She's going to want to try to make it. lol She's nine but you never know.

Barbra said...

I also enjoy the Olympics and it's one of the rare times that DH and I will watch TV together. Our tastes are very far apart so we're usually in different rooms!