Thursday, May 13, 2010

dreams ....

no art photos to share at the moment .... so i'll just gab about things in my head ... ok?

1. there's a discussion on a facebook friend's page about what you are most scared of .... there were some powerful thought provoking answers ... deep thinkers, they are.....i said bugs ... big bugs ... sadly, i'm not really kidding .... i am scared of big bugs .... if you piled all my "bad" dreams into stacks, 49% of them would be about big bugs on me .... another 49% would be about big bugs on my babies (back when they actually were babies) .... and that other 2% ... well... just other ....

we used to do the family bed thing ... all in ... but you better sleep ... on the rare occassions when the twins weren't in our bed, i'd wake up poor.mr.e.beck.artist and tell him there were bugs on the babies .... not to be mean, but because i'd had a dream about it ....he'd always go check .... leading to number 2:

2. sleep deprivation leads to bad dreams and the inverse, well rested = grand dreams ... for me anyway ....

3. my dreams are usually in color ...some times wrong colors (pink hair, blue trees, green dogs) but still colors ... and i'm a good singer in my dreams (ok, i made that part up, i never sing in my dreams, i guess i'm a bad singer there too) .... but i can sometimes get myself to dream about what i want .... i just try to go to bed thinking about it ... a person, a beach, a party, an old trip, characters in a book .... i have lots of book dreams ....

4. yesterday was my birthday.... i have a lot of really, really, really nice friends ... family too ... but the friends were extra grand yesterday ....

5. one of my very favorite birthday presents was a set of pencils .... i was going to do this big long important pencil blog tonight, but decided i needed to think on it some more .... so you get this , random blogness.... i'll give you the pencil blog post soon though, ok?

so ... tell me something interesting about you ....

4 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

i hope you had an absolutely wonderful birthday! hmmm...an interesting thing about me...i'm a sleepwalker. i guess that relates to dreams! my grandmother discovered it when i was about 9 and we were visiting aunt livy and uncle wilbur. nana said i sat up on the edge of the bed and when she asked me what i was doing, i told her i was driving to the mall. then i got up and walked to the end of the hallway, stood there a minute and then walked back to bed. as i grew older that morphed into me moving things in my sleep, often furniture. actually my good friend becky up there in atlanta experienced that first hand when i was staying with her and apparently got up in the middle of the night, grabbed one of her dining room chairs and put it next to the bed i was sleeping in. i woke up with the chair stairing at me. at home at my mom's, i moved all the outdoor pool furniture up against the back doors. amazing i didn't walk into the pool on that one! who knows what else i've done that's gone unnoticed!? there could be a whole blog post in this! :-)

Darla said...

Belated Happy Birthday. Enjoyed reading about your dreams. That gave me an idea about a dream post myself someday.

Now lets see those pencils and what you are doing with them.

Darla

cath c said...

happy birthday, ms color!

i dream all kinds of wonderful and wondering things...often with big question marks. but i dream in color, too. whn i'm not too sleep deprived, which is often lately.

Chris said...

Okay, well, I only dream in black and white. I don't often remember my dreams. Sometimes I will remember them if I wake up in the middle of a scary one, but then I forget it. Scary dreams are never about natural disasters or bugs or demons. Scary dreams are always about people doing things to hurt me.

Big bugs don't really scare me much unless it's a big grasshopper because I know it's going to fly when I least expect it and when it does, it's going to hurt when it lands on me, and then it's going to spit. The only bugs that scare me are flying bugs. THEY FREAK ME OUT! I don't like moths. I run from moths, bees, ladybugs when they're flying, and most flies. I still never have bad dreams about them.

did you say one thing about me? Oh, you said interesting? hmm.

Nothin.