Friday, May 21, 2010

paint, paint, paint....


i had a very productive, paint-filled day ....
i finished a 12 inch square piece ... a graduation gift ......
i started eight small canvases ... got the backgrounds painted and glazed ... all six inch squares ....
please notice that i have been cleaning up after myself as i go along, these days .... yes, yes, that's clean... really ....

and i painted green and green and green and green on all sorts of papers ....
i've always had jenkins green in my golden's fluid acrylic stash ... but i never knew i loved it until today ... i love it ... love it ... jenkin's green ... rah for that ...

and i took photos ... and i actually, same day, got them onto my computer, onto flickr and onto my blog .... not to mention, i had a to do list with nine things on it today ... and i ticked off every single one ... i usually make a list and then don't do the things on it ... in my head thinking, at least i have this list to remind me to do them tomorrow ... or the next day ... ha ... any other procrastinators out there?

6 comments:

Very Mary said...

Love love love these new pieces! So perfect! Also? I lost your address again. I know. Big Surprise. So pretty please email it? maryann(at)averymarydesign(dot)com

artmom said...

I have said before, Procrastination is genetic!!!!

love the graduation gift....

going to lunch today with Connie, Connie, and Alison at Sweet Tomatoes

need to stay home and paint too.....

Jodi Ohl said...

heeehee..i'm still working on my list from last Sunday! It makes me feel better to write it all down, it's pretty much a big step to actually doing whatever the to do is!

Have fun working on all of your projects!

Barbra said...

I am lost without my lists. If my lists are lost I am lost. Lost lists = panic. There's just a great feeling tossing it in the trash when all is accomplished.

Darla said...

Procrastinate? Lets just say I read this post on Friday and now it is Monday.

I call that "mulling it over" not procrastination.

Darla :-)

Chris said...

I procrastinate about lots of things. I'm putting off telling you what they are, though.

HA!

I bought three square canvases yesterday for a gift project. And I have to say that every time I work on a square canvas I think of your square canvases.

Often I just paste a printout of your paintings on to my square canvases. It saves time that I need for more procrastinating.