Tuesday, December 13, 2011

... so i almost didn't blog tonight ....

... i almost didn't blog tonight because i am SO caught up in pinterest ... and then i found this ... and i would like it ... but i knew i couldn't have it cause it cost 19.500 yen ... oh ... well... come to find out that is only 250.08$ US .... so, much more affordable than i presumed .... so, if you buy it as art ... a whole wall of art, 250 seems affordable ....

so ... pinterest... do you do it? i was invited to do it a number of times but didn't get it .... then finally my sweet sister in law convinced me i'd like it .... and i do ... don't know what it is ... well here is the explanation i gave allison ... remember when you started on flickr .. and didn't get it .. and then loved it? and remember when you started blogging and didn't get it ... and then loved it? and remember when you started facebook and you didn't get it and then you loved it? ... well ... same thing ...it's just the next social media ... but it is pictures of joy and happiness from all over the web ... if you go look at my bulletin boards, if you are a regular reader, you won't be surprised by my bulletin board topics or by the things i have pinned up ....

so quick ... it's bed time ...

JOY post 13

today's joy: made dinner at 9am ... love that crock pot ... it makes me feel all with it ... and today was gorgeous .. sunshine beautiful ... i rolled in the grass with the dog in the backyard ....  and a bedtime chat with little.e.beck.artist where we ooohed and aaaahed how soft her earlobes are ..... 

preparation: i think i have finished up on my ornament making ... and, more noteworthy, i've wrapped them ALL ... yes! that felt like an accomplishment ... i also made some lists to get me on track ... oh, and this is probably not really appropriate for MY prep, but i emailed mr.e.beck.artist some links to groovy things that i've found online ... it's hard to shop for other people and not find stuff you want yourself .... so i was being NICE and sharing my good ideas ......

serenity:  i might have skipped serenity today ... particularly when i went grocery shopping for bananas (they are always number one priority on my list) and the first grocery stop had only grody squashy nanas .... blech ... but ... serenity .... i was never mad at anyone, was never anything but sweet and kind, patient with my kids ... actually ... i didn't have to exercise patience, so does that mean i wasn't patient? my kids were easy ... even the ones  with exams this week ... so i just lived my normal happy day ... 

happy shots of the day:
wrapped gifts .... hooray for cute boxes ....
box of sharpies ... finally will move it back to the art room and off the coffee table .....

do you see those cute gingerbread scissors?? love those!

happiness to you .... see you on pinterest, i hope ....






4 comments:

Darla said...

I've never even peeked at pinterest but perhaps I'll have to now that you are on it or doing it or whatever the phrase is.

Don't flicker, don't tweet, joined Facebook but never learned to use it.

My computer JOY consists of blogging and following a small handful of blogs - like yours.

Darla

artmom said...

your dad told me he could not find a gift he thought I would like so I should look and let him know! I did and now I think I will have a very happy Christmas though I really need nothing! Raymond helped him with the IPad versus KindleFire thing so that is solved too!
Off to cards and wrapping gifts for Durham!

I will have Roberta give me a pinterest lesson - again!

Sharon said...

I love looking at pinterest! But have not started my own as of yet.

e.beck.artist said...

i believe all three of you would enjoy pinterest .... it's a happy artsy internet thing ... perfect for each of you in your own way!