Thursday, May 22, 2008

the official start of summer is upon us!

hooray for summer .... 
i'm of the opinion that memorial day is the official beginning of summer .... 


summertime is also the end of my art every day moments .... i'll have other, different, important responsibilities .... 
tomorrow is the last day of school for children ..... we have big summer plans .... that include this and this.... and some of this ...  and some of our plan, in between basketball camps and golf camps and vbs weeks, includes art ... i need to keep up with my new year's resolution ... and my kids are always up for a grand art project .... 

i plan to continue on with this blog habit i have .... it will just be a bit less art ... and maybe more frequent skipped days ..... so ... fair warning ....  and happy summer ..... 

what's your best summer plan? 


5 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

best summer plan -- my sister and two cute-as-buttons nieces are visiting !! whoo hooooo!

runner up -- celebrating the june wedding of a lifelong friend. her dad and my dad were friends before our moms were married.

rest of summer -- long weekends, lots of fun in the sun, lots of spring fed water to splash around in.

Anonymous said...

I'd be right there with you on the Memorial Day as entrance to summer if there weren't thunderstorms and snow predicted. Wacky world!

Heidi said...

yippee...summer!!! (then why is it cold, cloudy and wet outside?) ...you have fun...enjoy those kids... let them be little!

*heidi*

Darla said...

Summer fun! I'll be spending more time in the mountains, taking the GD with me some of the time, meeting out of state relatives there other times. Can't wait!

Darla

Anonymous said...

Memorial Day is the official beginning of summer here, too! We wrap up homeschool on June 12 (although I am soooo tempted to wrap it up NOW!), and my son graduates on June 13. Then my grandson is visiting for 2 weeks, so there will be lots of playdoh, painting, pool, swingset, legos, banana bread and more! =) I'm sure there will be the usual day trips here and there, as well as our vacation to the Outer Banks of NC. And, a bit of art here and there! =)

Hope you don't completely disappear over the summer!