Sunday, April 8, 2007

art with my girls

i have been working on an art journal with my girls, jula and sophie.......we read a book about an artist ...julia usually reads to sophie and me.......then we draw a picture that is our own interpretation of the artist.......we usually do them on vacation.....we've been filling it gradually over the last year.......here are some...not all...of our pages......

this, below, is our warhol interpretation.......

and here are our picasso pages......you can double click it to get a better view.......

....and roy lichtenstein....one of my favorites since college....
and a crowd favorite....van gogh.....

we have loads more.....i'll save them for another day......(eek, another day when i did NO art and feel the need to post something! .... happy easter......

3 comments:

Cheryl Prater said...

e:

The girls art is wonderful. They have inheirited Mommy's eye for color and composition.

Hope that you're not trapped under a mountain of laundry after your weekend away. (I know, but I can hope.) cp

Anonymous said...

I love these journal pages...esp the apples! your girls are lucky to have your influence!

Anonymous said...

Love the interpretation artwork by you all! We saw some of warhol's work over vacation - at a western art museum.
I think showing them what other artists have done and letting them take some ideas and make them their own is wonderful. Keep adding wonderful pictures