Monday, January 7, 2008

cleaner... but not clean....

tra la la ... 
i got lots of words of encouragement from my tidy friends who love me in spite of my messy bessy tendencies .... thanks!

i spent a good three or four or five hours cleaning my studio today .... i really did great ... i cleaned off and put away all the stuff on my three favorite surfaces ... my six foot square table ... my sink's counter space .... and the high counter top on my wire baskets .... cleared them, cleaned them, took pictures of them in their newly clean state..... and then ? then i messed them up again.... i decided i needed to rearrange furniture, build some shelving, clean out some bins .... so all those clean surfaces? cluttered up again with all the stuff that i had to move out of my way to do my rearranging and carrying on .... it really was grand ... and i'm very happy with my plan .... but i now have another day or two of heavy duty tidy, organize, and fix-up ..... but that's ok ... it will all be worth it .... but right this moment ... the room looks WORSE than the photos i didn't want to show you on my last post!! 



so, that makes those photos LESS frightening ......here, take a look ..... i put them on flickr .... five photos to see!  .... and here's one of re cleaned, pre-re-messed ... got that? 
 










and here is the one tiny bit of art i did today .... 
...........this sweet bald thing was buried in my mess .... i felt a bit like an archeologist when i found it ... ah, an angel that lost its halo in the raku firing ..... so, i fashioned one out of copper wire .... took five minutes ... and that was my artistic moment of the day!! 

did you do anything artistic today? 
did you clean today? 
hope you were lucky enough to have a happy day doing either! 


3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, I love pictures of people's studios! This is so much like what I've been doing lately, starting to straighten up and then finding stuff to remind me of something I wanted to do, and then remembering another project and having to fish everything out again. Your wire halo is lovely!
I haven't done art today, but tonight I have hopes...

Anonymous said...

Love the angel -- she/he is sweet
I am a metal freak -- so that touch is loverly

I arted today - 4 hours knitting on a cool sweater for me...not helping my resolution but knitting all the same

Darla said...

What a great solution for the missing halo.

I finished a little knitting project for an upcoming deadline.

Darla