Friday, January 25, 2008

one left handed shepherd

mary, joseph, baby jesus, three kings, an angel, four shepherds (one is left handed), one donkey, two cows, seven sheep(baaaa, that's a lot of sheep!)...

this is the nativity that i made with my so's first grade class .... we made it ages ago, but i had never taken a picture of it .... it will be up for auction in a week ..... any guesses how much it will go for? 

i'm currently doing the precarious balancing act that is life .... i seem to have a few too many commitments at the moment ... things i am happy to do ... but it all is playing out at once .... and it all ends up taking away from the actual minutes i can spend in my studio working on art .... it is interesting to me that now that i am truly commited to art as "my job" and making myself take the time for it ...that i still have so many things pulling me away .... oh well .... i'll happily take the stolen minutes when i can't find the long luxurious hours ..... i'll try to take pics of what i've been working on ..... 

my pal jeannie sent me a pleading email ..... i missed two blog days!! how could i do such a thing to her?! ha ..... so here ya go jeannie .... and i will try to do better ...... though it is the weekend now .. and art and blogging always are harder on a weekend ..... have a happy one ......

oh ... hours later, back for an addendum: jeannie just started a blog TODAY .... hooray for jeannie .... her first post is HERE .... tell her how good and brave she is for jumping into the blogging pool ......

5 comments:

jeannie said...

Oh I am nice enough to give you family/weekend time.... thanks for the blog

I say $165 is what the lovely nativity will go for --ESPECIALLY because of all the sheep -- my fav since they make the yarn

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Lovely to see the nativity set during the year, makes it that much more special! How much? I'll try to beat Jeannie's guess and say $200.

Life, hum? Life. Yes, this is life. Do you know I work full time AND play full time? Yes, it's possible. Double life. Life. It's what I do daily! Have a great weekend.

Oh, I was in our local art supply store (smaller than your studio) and saw stacks and stacks of canvases, and mini canvases. So cute! I thought of you.

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Oh, and where is Jeannie's blog? I guess maybe I've never been there?

Chris said...

It is very scary starting a blog! And I am down to posting only once a week, and it's horrible! I just want to make things and post entries about them, but life crowds in...

anyway, you asked about how I joined the playing cards with E6000, and bascially, I just kept them clipped tightly together and then oozed it out onto the edge of them and covered that with a length of paper for binding. I waited 24 hours and... voila! (some of the cards wanted to stick to each other, but I kept prying them apart until I couldgesso over the sticky E6000. Don't use that stuff unless you want things stuck together!)

Shae said...

Okay, okay, I always intend to leave comments, but then life gets in the way...
Since your latest blog is about one side of life interrupting the other...I figured this would be a good time to comment.
I love the nativity set...and because I want to outguess Jeannie and Heidi's guess...I am going to say that it will go for $235! Let us know.....