Thursday, January 10, 2008

today i painted and painted and painted and painted and painted .... yippee

.... hooray .... i painted in my tidy studio .... thereby making it a titch less tidy, of course! ..... i was working of four canvases .... one four foot by one foot .....two that were three feet by one foot ... and one 20 inch square ...... i had done the paper collage backgrounds and the initial glazing before christmas ... probably my last art bit of the year that wasn't christmas related .....
this is the four foot by one foot canvas... above, it is just starting with a papered background and some blue and turq glazing .... the pic is showing a little dark ....
here's teh next step ... truer coloring ..... i added turquoise stencil letters to it for some textural and textual interest ...
and here i have added four hearts to the canvas ..... the reds i used are quite transparent ... you can still see letter stencils and some of the papers beneath .....
.... and last ... the finished piece ..... the truest coloring .... with three key escutcheons ... and one skeleton that my grand pal jeannie gave me ... cause she knew i'd do something groovy with it .....

so for those of you who are counting with me .... one.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Ok, I'm counting with you. 1) ONE
And a great one it is. I love the key/heart connection.

Darla

Vallen said...

"All hearts beat as one" - Valentines are everywhere!!! I love seeing the steps to your art. Thanks

Anonymous said...

great to see you getting going
and cool to see the key!! :)
Now I need to get going too -- I have about 1/4th done on my #1

GO e GO