Thursday, November 6, 2008

here's a story ....

here's an arty story ... 

on saturday morning, i woke up early, had breakfast, went to the high school where i was participating in an art festival, price tagged my big paintings, tidied, chatted with best pal and art neighbor at the show allison, and waited for the event to begin ... ta dum ... begin ... at 8.45 there was a loud speaker announcement :if you are not a vendor, please exit the building..... and some milling about folks left .... then at nine o'clock, the gym doors swooshed open and in a flurry and a frenzy, a kabillionjilliontrillion rushed in .... oh, we've started ... and within seconds, a woman dashed into my booth and said I MUST HAVE THAT not to me but to her shopping pal , her daughter i believe ... then she pointed to another and another of my six inch canvases .... and that and that ... i want them .... hooray, i said to myself ... then ... she looked at me and said I AM IN A HURRY .... ok .... and she started picking up and sorting and chatting and figuring and about ten times she said I"M in a hurry ... and i took paintings and hung them back up if she decided no and held onto them if they were ones she seemed interested in ... and she I AM IN A HURRY kept shopping and lookin ... for a good two or three minutes .... yes, these four will go together on the wall of the cabin and I AM IN A HURRY .... and then she turned around in the booth away from the wall of small and saw this: 

I AM IN A HURRY and i want that one ... oh, you want this big one instead .. no I AM IN A HURRY and i want it as well as these .... ok .... and she wrote a check and she said, can you hold these for me for a bit .... yes... and i got a bag, and i held them for a bit thinking SHE IS IN A HURRY ... and she didn't come back .. huh, i wonder if she was in such a hurry that she forgot them? ... so i stashed them away and went on with my day ... then, HOURS later, she returned .... carrying more bags, to retrieve my art .... i think she'd been shopping all that time .... not leisurely shopping ... I AM IN A HURRY shopping .... do you think she went to all the booths in her happy frenzied flurry? 
no matter, she loved my art, and bought five canvases ... lovely start to that day! 

8 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, this is a fabulous story! I LOVE THIS.
Congrats! And I love this canvas you've shown here.

Heidi said...

Great story! Great frist sale! I AM IN A HURRY only for chocolate. Oh, and to read your new blog posts!!! LOL

Carmen said...

That's awesome! Congrats!!!

Jeannie said...

she was in a hurry to get the good stuff from each and every booth.

Anonymous said...

some folks are always in a hurry! Your story had a happy ending- for which I am delighted! You need to do more - at least one ot two - like the large one she bought...I love the metallic look, but then that is my "Thing" these days - lots of gold, copper, silver, bronze ......love it! keep it going...you are a winner!!! xxoo

3rdEyeMuse said...

it kind of cracks me up how the ones in a hurry tend to be the ones that make everyone else wait ... hehe ... I wonder if she EVER slowed down and actually looked at the treasures she just bought from you. :)

congrats on a good sales day.

shrink on the couch said...

five canvases? wow! excellent!! how'd the rest of the day go?

cath c said...

was her name nellie? whoa, i say!

i wonder if she has a compulsive art shopping disorder?