Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day

happy election day .... 
no matter who you are voting for or want to win, it is an historical day (a historical? that's probably right, but i like an historical) ... both sides have a FIRST ... first woman ... first black man .... either way, it seems that our democracy is making some headway ..... 

my weekend was disproportionately huge to the rest of this week ... i'm still yawning ! .... we had five guests spend the night for halloween .... and then i had an art show all day saturday .... and it went great .... it was different than other years .... SO busy in the morning ... kinda dead in the afternoon ... but i still made some big sales in the afternoon .... all in all, successful .... though i'm always a bit surprised but what does and doesn't sell ..... 

i still haven't unpacked anything ... or gone through my receipts and records and such ... once i do that, i'll tell you some details, stories and such .... 

in the meanwhile ..... a photo .... 
first ... an oh-no .... i am pointing to the m ... it is missing ... clearly it still works ...mmmmmmm ..... even though it is just a wee rubbery nubbin ... ew ... nubbin is a yucky word .... alas, i think i've been too busy to drag myself to the apple store to get it fixed ....or even find out if they can fix it .... i'm not REALLY that busy ... but i tell myself i am ... clearly it is just a low priority ... it hasn't even made my list of things to do .... 

the other thing interesting about the photo? didja notice? YES .... i believe yes, you did ... sunday morning, my class was doing another story from life is a verb (remember that phase when all i ever did was read this book and talk about it? well ... i'm still in that phase!) ... we did the story called wear pink glasses .... and one of the actions was to write yes on your hand ... be positive, take charge, take a chance, be brave, be open, say yes ..... well... that was my class's interpretation of the story ... and it is an art journaling class .... and there were sharpies right there .... and i made a nice big purple yes (the directions were for black, but where's the fun in that) .... and then thought ... i don't even like purple ... the next day i went over it in green ... now it's blue ... sharpie wears off surprisingly fast! ..... so .. we're meant to wear this yes on our hand for 37 days ... i'm not sure my attention span is long enough for that! .... but i'm guessing i might be able to do a week or two ...or three? we'll see ... no pressure ... it is what it is .... 

so ... when you have a big ole YES on your hand? other people might FRIGHTEN you with how loudly they read it to you .... on sunday a waitress got VERY close and said YES ... right at me .... i cowered and said, yes what? .... she pointed to my hand and giggled .... relieved, i giggled too .... anyway ... loads of people see it and shout it ... quite odd! 

my children walk up to me, swing my hand to right in front of their face, ask the hand if they can have some halloween candy .... then say thanks and walk away ... all cause my hand says yes ... ha ....  

oh ... one more interesting thing ... 
go peek at this post .... do you remember it? 
i sold that painting ... whew!

ok ... back to the election ...i voted last week because i had a jury summons for today .... luckily, i was number 558, and they only called up jurors to number 132 or so .... i'm sure if i hadn't voted last week that i would have had to go to the courthouse today! .... so ....  did you vote? was it easy? 


5 comments:

Very Mary said...

I voted and it was SO easy! Of course, I live in a town with about 5 people, so...

Anonymous said...

we voted last week, by absentee ballot since the line at the nearest polling place was sooooooooooooooo long - estimated several hours late with the line getting mixed up with the bus stop nearby! poor bus driver! Florida had a record turn out with early voting and yesterday's crush...like lots of places I guess. oh, this is an art blog....doing a lot of texture with paper and paint techniques...having fun if nothing else. I liked the painting with the abstract splashes on it the way it was, of course, but liked the revision and glad it sold.

Chris said...

My voting was easy and wonderful and I loved it! I always love voting in person, although I probably would have voted early like you did if I had jury duty! I went to jury duty a few weeks ago and didn't get on a case, either.

Congrats on selling that piece and on your show! And I love your yes! (Although I wish fewer people had voted yes on a certain proposition here in California, but then, we can't all get what we want.)

In general YES is the way to start your day!

Anonymous said...

easy to vote - only 2 people ahead of me - about a 10 minute wait!
like the yes idea!

jeannie

3rdEyeMuse said...

yes, yes & YES ... I voted on Tuesday (I like the tradtion of actually going and seeing who else is going and how many, etc.) It was a breeze. the place was sort of hoppin, but no lines - in and out in less than 10 minutes. :)

ps - you are correct. it IS "an" historical moment.