Saturday, November 15, 2008

set up ....

this is my set up for the home show .... i was the first one to set up in this room ..... it is the dining room of a spec home .... there will be 90 artists and vendors ... that's a ton .... i'll have to go back when it opens cause i can't even really imagine that big a show in a house .... 

i'm pleased with how my display looks ... right amount of bigs and smalls ..... i was pretty close on guessing the right amount to fill up the space .... a couple collages are propped at the bottom ... those were my overflow .... 

i'm dropping off this week for yet another show ... my favorite kind! ...drop off .... let someone else sell them ..... go back and pick up some art and a check ...no complaints ..... 

hope you are having a great weekend .... we are having a dinner party tonight ... the best kind ... all old friends ... we took all the extraneous shoes from under the coffee table and set the dining room table ..that's the extent of our cleaning ...not too bad, huh? 

the weather is windy and chilly here ..... fall is in full force .... what's it like there? what are you doing fun this weekend? 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi e,
that is a lovely set up! I love all the happy colors that you use in your paintings.

Old friends and simple cleaning are always the best kind - hope you have a lovely dinner party.

And fall is definitely in full force here - my favorite time of year!

Periwinkle Pass Studio said...

Wow!!! you sound really busy. I hope all the shows go great for you. Good Luck.

Very Mary said...

Looks beautiful! This weekend, I cleaned the studio and I can SEE THE FLOOR! WOO HOO! I'm not really sure how long it will stay this way, so I actually rolled on it. With my body. On the floor. Yes huh.

3rdEyeMuse said...

looks like you pegged this one! agreed - just the right amount of biggies and lil ones, plus a few extra's to boot. nice. I imagine the place is going to look crowded once everyone else is set up ...

... enojoy the good food and better company!

this weekend is s-l-o-w ... a little bit cooler than the past few days, but no pressing matters. :)

Chris said...

GREAT display! best of fortune to you, really. good work.
Aren't dinner parties with good friends so fun? Relaxing and bonding and yummy. I hope it was lovely.

Jeannie said...

looks cool e
and we saw our first few (happily just a few)snowflakes this weekend.
I worked both days (but only a bit) then I knitted and did family stuff.

shrink on the couch said...

Of a spec house, you say? ideas, ideas.

awesome and inviting assemblage you've got there!

Queenly Things said...

Oh, I love those poppies. From this far back they look magical and tissue thin.

Heidi said...

Lovely! Hope the show and the dinner went well!
*Heidi*