Saturday, November 8, 2008

what color do you think a feather boa should be?


i am going to a party tonight at church ... a fund raiser ... an auction ... a dinner party ... you buy a table and decorate it yourself .... the tables are meant to be for eight ... but that seemed not enough to me, so i got a double wide ...instead of an 8 seat round table, i got two big ole tables together ...and invited seven other couples to sit with us at our double wide .....i went over this morning to decorate mine early .... 
someone this morning, while i was decorating, said, i wish i understood how your brain works .... how'd you think of that ... and the simple answer is, i have no idea .... the table decorating is a contest .... so in my brain i knew there needed to be some effort .... but i didn't have much effort to give ... i was sitting in my kitchen ... i saw three small bobble headed birds in my kitchen (gift from a groovy sis in law) and decided those were more fun than flowers or candles .... then though, oh, i have big bobble headed birds in my yard ... and that table is going to be big ... and there you go ... one small leap took me to feather boas .... and with little thought and less effort, this tabletop decor is suddenly noteworthy ... probably not the best, the funniest, the prettiest ...but certainly the biggest! ... and perhaps the oddest ... though i've heard about some others, and this might not be the oddest ... we'll see ... 

think of me tonight ... i'll be wearing a feather boa ... 

6 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

I think it's awesome & thanks to it being to tall, everyone can still see each other. Have a fabulous night ... and let us know if there were any oddities to speak of. :)

Anonymous said...

FUN - hope you took photos of other memorable ones! As far as how your brain works....????...!!!The bobble headed birdies are awesome for sure....Imagination run wild............

Very Mary said...

Do tell us if you win!

Chris said...

I love this! How cool!
What happened? Did you have fun? What boa did you wear?

Now I have to find some bobble-head birds.

shrink on the couch said...

I flamtabulous flamingo! Looks like a winner to me. Deevine.

Jeannie said...

fun fun fun!

love the pink and purple too