Tuesday, November 25, 2008

two days til thanksgiving .....


i had two shows this week that carried my art .... they were fine .... but certainly not great ....there were lots of "it's the economy" comments..... the best news is that this large canvas sold ..... three feet square ..... it is always extra nice to sell a big one ..... my thought is: if someone likes my art enough to have that big an e statement, that it is a bigger complement than just having a petite painting ..... so there you go ..... 

hope your turkey plans are coming along ..... hope you have an artsy plan in your immediate future ..... check back in soon .... i have a new endeavor to show you .... here's a hint .....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your big canvas sold - that is cool!! So...are you going to take up knitting? =) I love knitting on my looms, but I'm a hopeless knitter on needles unless it is just a straight "knit" stitch. If I try to mix any pearls with it, ugly things happen! lol!

Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Very Mary said...

Congrats on the sale! I'll be avoiding all things turkey related and, instead, snuggling up next to the fire with my honey in a far away cabin in the woods. Turkey who?

Chris said...

missed your blogging!
Nice canvas. I'm not surprised it sold!

3rdEyeMuse said...

no surprise that the big beautiful poppies sold! congrats, just the same. :)

... do you play with yarn, too?!?

Vallen said...

This is my favorite piece. The petals just seem to extend off the canvas. Lucky is the owner of that one.