Sunday, November 11, 2007

lovely sunday


today, i spent some time in my basement studio with sophie .... she was working on a wooden box and a good sized canvas .... with her newly cleaned room she wants more art for her walls, and more treasure boxes to hold her treasureful oddities .... while she did that, i worked on three canvases that i am doing for a commission ..... i'd started them already ... but got quite a bit further along in my process now ..... the red in these photos isn't as RED as they actually are .....



and this is a picture of my studio ... i usually show you SAFE shots ... of just a smidge here or there ..... but here it is ... and this is CLEAN!!!! ... just full .... i'm very obviously a collector of clutter!!! but it is ALL what i want and need around me to do my art .... so there ya go .... if you want to involve yourself in the minutia of the picture, over at flickr i've filled it up with notes ......



and here's my question of the day .... do you have a uniform? something that you wear always for something .... like .... always do housework in particular jeans ... always exercise in a white tshirt ... those are just hypotheticals ... but ... my actual is that i have art clothes .... in warm weather i have three pairs of shorts that are COVERED in paint ..... and i wear no other only my paint clothes in my studio... and four or five tshirts ...... i have more tshirts that are paint spattered cause all three kids occassioanlly wear my paint shirts ..... and in the winter, i have two paris of jeans ... jeans that used to be my SO very favorites .... until they got tattered knees ..... and now they are tattered and paint covered .... on friday i was wearing these jeans in the morning and sophie said "you aren't going to wear THAT to school are you!? " ..... so, to be a good mommy, i changed before i went to her classroom ...... what do you wear for your messiest endeavors ..... or, gasp, maybe you aren't ever messy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the studio pics...love that Sofie is into art and creating big time...

come on over, i blogged tonight...