Tuesday, November 29, 2011

doc, happy, sleepy, grumpy, dopey, bashful, sneezy and slobby ...

why is there not an 8th dwarf named slobby? clearly there was a slobby in that house if snow white had to show up and do all that tidying and dusting and bed making, right? slobby probably just didn't want to be in the show and wouldn't sign the reality tv contract so he wasn't on there ... just like one of ozzy osbournes kids who was never seen on that show .... yup ... slobby was a mess, but he had the good sense to stay hidden ...

not so much me ... i'm a mess and i'm going to show it to you on my blog ... perhaps to shame myself into cleaning up my studio ... but maybe just because it is nine o'clock and i am ever so very tired and trying to be a pal and stay up with my studying high schoolers .... so i'm quietly blogging the pictures i took today ...

here's the first ....
 can you even see the dog in that mess? she's posing ... such a good girl .... but between her turquoise jacket and her evil photo eyeballs, she's barely recognizable ... let's call her waldo .... so this is looking into my studio space from the garage .... or the hall ... by the stairs .... now, i'm claiming that some of that mess isn't mine ... i asked little.e.beck.artist to wrap some christmas and she did ... and where the remnants landed, is where the remnants, the tape, the scissors remain .... on the floor .... don't trip when you come in ....
so if you were brave enough to enter my studio, and turn right you'll find ... allison! ... i wonder how long she's been trapped in that back corner!? .... my table is about 9 feet by six feet ... and we each scraped off a tiny section to work on ... the good news is, some of the mess she left there three weeks ago was still right there where she left it ... some of it had another layer of mess over it, but her birdies and feet and cut up bits were still there .... and on my side, there had been interlopers (girl.beck.artist and two of her pals had spent an afternoon painting a while ago) ... so i scraped away their mess .....
just enough room to paint ... so we painted the day away ... and then i dug out allison so she could escape on home to her own family ....

we could do a betting pool and you can guess when i'll actually get the seven dwarfs to clean up with me .....

2 comments:

Darla said...

I'm still trying to find the dog.

I did spot Allison and am happy to hear she got to go home.

Darla

artmom said...

Studios always get tidied eventually...the operative word is the last of course! So long as there is a space to paint or whatever, you are fine! If mine is too tidy I have a hard time finding things I need...oxymoron that!
In my opinion a tidy studio is not at all required except by non-studio participanrs; It is just like a palette...I like mine messy, not pristine! Get some interesting hues that way!