Monday, November 28, 2011

monday grumpy gloomy and doom ...

so, my monday started out not quite right .... mr.e.beck.artist was not in my bed ... instead little.e.beck.artist had decided to sleep in his spot since he is out o' town .... that's ok with me, but somehow it started me out all disoriented when my alarm trilled (generously kind description of the heinous noise) at 5.55 ....
... and it was cold ...
... and it was rainy ....
... and the last of my beloved (no kidding, awesome holiday company) house guests were leaving me ....
so my monday was starting grumpy .... mix in a soggy dog and you have the multi sensory notion of what my morning was like ...

and then i went to pottery .... and left the rest of the world behind ... i picked out a bag o chocolate clay .... even though i'm not done with the white ... i was just feeling off the white .... and i made an extra large , really extraextra large textured bowl ...


and i picked up four pieces that i had glazed last week ... they actually work great as a set .. can't you imagine having all four pieces and setting the perfect spread of apps at a big party? if in fact, you are the big party throwing type?
these pics look funny to me ... the platters are fairly modern looking ... sleek, shiny, dark ... and they are a grandma looking background ... not criticizing any grandmas or the background, for that is in fact what my christmas time dining room table has on it .... but it's not a great background to showcase pottery ... those three go well together ... you could put a long row of perfectly placed crackers on the long one ... and then special cheeses on the square one and maybe a pile of grapes and apple slices on the other .. or maybe you do fancier appetizers than i can think of .....

here's a detail of one of the pieces .... can you see the lettering .... when i see that, it seems like that's what makes it me ...

so my monday got better ...
even though my sole intention for today was to do some tidying in my basement studio and i did NONE ... so .. tomorrow ...
and tomorrow will start better too ... if for no other reason than it won't be monday .... tuesdays are usually good days, right?

No comments: