Wednesday, November 30, 2011

... a red boot kind of day ...

this morning i woke up happy and ready ... yes, i will wear my red cowboy boots to celebrate the first day of december ... moments after that red boot decision, i was checking my email and realized it was NOT in fact december yet ... my red boot celebration of december lasted all of ten minutes .... that celebratory red booted tooth brushing and hair brushing was just a fine fest .... that ended abruptly in front of the laptop .... darn.... isn't that just like me to be discombobulated?
red boots are a funny thing ... people really, really notice them .. i got comments all day long (luckily i did not change out of them when i discovered the sad factness of it still being november) ... it made me laugh that it was such a big deal to wear red shoes and for so many to comment ... why don't people all always wear colored shoes? why are all men's dress shoes black or brown? (i know, i know, i'm making vast generalizations)  why do most women mostly wear black and brown and boring shoes? (next time you are in a boring meeting, look at all the shoes).... it just doesn't make sense to me that bland shoes are the norm.... but i am SO off track ... 

so, i am celebrating today, i spent the month of november working on the NaBloPoMo challenge ... national blog post month ... write every day .....and i did it ... never skipped a day ... had some great writing days ... had some just say anything to get it done posts ... but in all felt like it was a worthwhile experience ... it got me writing ... not just the blog, but other stuff too ... and that's good ... i like it ....
the main thing i learned is that it is easier to write when you have been writing ... just like it is easier to paint when you have been painting ... it is easier to cook when you've been cooking ...or, well, when you have at least gone to the grocery store .... starting something after a big break is like starting from square one, brand new, beginner ... get doing something and it feels like you have momentum and can absolutely keep doing it .... maybe i need to get some red shoe momentum ... wear happy shoes every day .... maybe you shouldn't wear your red boots on the days you wake up happy .. but on the days you wake up crabby too .... maybe if all world leaders had to wear red shoes every day, they'd be happier, freer, smarter, easier going, kinder, gentler .... people in red shoes certainly don't start wars or shoot guns at people or cut in line at the grocery store  .... 

so, the moral of my month of writing is get doing whatever you want to be doing and do it every day cause it gets easier ... and .... color up your shoe wardrobe, please .... 






1 comment:

Kelly Warren said...

I love this post. And I love your red boots. I have quite a colorful shoe wardrobe myself, but I do not have red boots. I have red Mary Janes, which I'm wearing at the moment, and I have red patent leather peep toe pumps. They are rather yummy too. And I've had my eye on a pair of red Old Gringo's for quite some time but just haven't been able to cough up the dough. Enjoy your red boots!