Wednesday, November 2, 2011

... food for thought ... well ... not really ... but it sounds good ....


 if i knew that whatever i ate next would be my last meal, i would want it to be ...
     -at the kitchen table
     -with my family
     -cooked by someone other than me

that's what i strive for every night ... but generally, i get two out of three .... at the kitchen table, with my family, but, alas, i am the primary cook these days ....

i'm pretty sure the question is meant to get a food response, but i don't care much ... pizza if we want it to be boy.beck.artist's favorite ... tacos for girl.beck.artist .... pasta for mini me, little.e.beck.artist ... maybe salmon for mr.e.beck.artist ... but me? i'm not ever sure i have a favorite .... i'd pick bagels ... or raspberries ... or watermelon ... or ice cream .... those are my favorite foods ...

favorite meals?
-when mr.e.beck.artist makes scallops (i've never cooked scallops, if we have them, he does it)
-when little.e.beck.artist gets the waffle irons out and makes multiple shapes of waffles for all of us ....
-when boy.beck.artist does chicken or tilapia with potatoes ...
and then there's girl.beck.artist ... i don't think she has a go to meal .... she's more like me ... perfectly helpful and fine in the kitchen ... but wouldn't choose it ..... if i can't cook, she's the last one i ask to make dinner for the family ....

what's your favorite meal? do you like to cook? love to cook? prefer to be cooked for?

so ... the nablopomo is funny ... it makes me think about questions i wouldn't normally think about ... or normally write about on this blog ...

so let me update you on my artsy life ...
i just donated pottery and paintings to an auction at my church ...
i'm partially done with a commission piece ....
i have pottery waiting at the pottery studio to be glazed ....
and today i won my first tennis match in a long time  .... it might not seem like that's artsy, but in general, when i don't get my daily art done, it's because i played too much tennis ... ha ...
tomorrow? no tennis ... definitely madly need to get some art done ... so i shall ...

2 comments:

Darla said...

Goodness, so many things I like. Rhubarb pie? Apple pie with a slice of cheddar on top? I'm kind of a pie girl.

DH and I both like to cook and sometimes fight over time in the kitchen, LOL!

Darla

Life in the Balcony said...

I didn't use that particular prompt because depending on what time of day it was I wanted different things. Mostly I love carbs though...