Friday, November 4, 2011

squinting to see the good stuff ...

i've been a bit discombobulated lately .... but i'm trying hard to get recombobulated ... to get my ducks in a row .. to see my glass as half full ... or squint and see it as more than half full .... and then? today was awesome ... there were bumps, but again, squint and you can avoid seeing the bumps ... why talk about the bumps when there's much more important good stuff ... 

today, for a wide variety of reasons that weren't exactly out of my control, but were more just bad planning on my part (ducks not in a row) , i was late to pottery class ... i knew i wasn't going to be able to get there til noon ... and class started at 10 ... bummer!! ... i was just going to skip ... and told my pal that ... and she said she was going to miss me ... and i thought about it, and i only ever see this happy friend on fridays at pottery, and i decided i'd just go late ... ya know what, i'll come at 12 just to see you ... and she said, if you come at 12 just to see me, i'll bring you lunch ... oh! beat that! my friend is going to feed me .... yay ... all this was done by text when i realized that i was calendarly challenged ... 

so at noon today i got to pottery and saw my pottery pal and we acted all gleeful like we hadn't seen each other in five years even though it had been exactly one week minus one hour ago .... and we did a little pottery work ... and chatted about our non pottery things ... and then she fed me ... she pulled out a bag o' picnic .... turkey sandwiches, fancy chips,  tiny little clementines, cinnamon apples, chocolate covered coffee beans, butterfingers for dessert, and raspberry iced tea .... how lucky am i? everyone should be so lucky as to have a friend that takes care of you this well .... let's just talk about those cinnamon apples ... there's a new taste sensation for me ... she cut up an apple, put it in a baggie, sprinkled in cinnamon, and gave it a shake ... so, so , so , so delicious! 

 and then we did a little more pottery ... i glazed six pieces .. that's a picture of five of them .... how cool is that loooooong skinny one? if you put snacks in a long line on that they'd look like art, huh?
so there you go .... a happy pottery day for me even though it was way shortened by my poor calendar skills ... and saved by a dear friend with a picnic ... when's the last time you picnicked?

 NAtional BLOg POst MOnth ... nablopomo wants to know about my writing preference ... short answer: when i am writing to be a grown up writer with a purpose, i adore my computer .. and can't imagine doing it long hand with a pen ... however, i LOVE to write ... i love pens .... i love colored felt tip markers ... i love fine sharpies ... i love fat sharpies .... i love colored pencils ... i love handwriting ... i love letters ... i love making elaborate beautiful lists ... i love goofy little grocery lists that never get to the grocery store with me ... i love to write notes to my family ... i love to write love notes to my family ... i love to write things on notes and hang them randomly around my house because no one sees a note and doesn't read it ... being a note makes it noteworthy ... around my computer spot on the kitchen bar i have care bear notes and angel notes and these thick brown recycled paper notes .... i love writing notes ... now, if i had read all those notes to myself, i wouldn't have had the calendar issue this morning .... but then i wouldn't have gotten to have a picnic ... nice how it all works out ....

No comments: