Thursday, October 4, 2007

24, 25, and suddenly i have a huge weekend plan ......

.... this green house is my 24th entry into art everyday .... it is HUGE ..... three feet square ..... i've been working on the house bit for ages and ages ... months even ..... i've done a similar piece .... about a year ago ..... called joy house that you can see on flickr here ....... that one is much smaller, 18 inches square .... and was bought by someone who works in the local office of habitat for humanity ... that's kinda cool ..... on this new one, green house, i love that little red girl in the top right ..... and i adore how the background canvas came out ......

this is a 16 by 20ish canvas, i think ...... i did it to make prints ..... that can then be personal-ized for a specific family .... similar to the notion that i showed you a couple days ago ..... the background has so much depth .... mostly cause i did it on top of something else that i was unhappy with .....

.... and today, at 2, my pal allison called me in freak out mode ... she was meant to be doing the norcross art fair this weekend ..... and was dropping out instead ..... but we worked it out .... because NOW i'm doing it WITH her ..... tonight i shall make my inventory sheet of what i'm taking .... and hopefully set my prices ..... and tomorrow i'll figure out the nine thousand other things i have to do..... and then prioritize and only do the four or five that are manageable!!! ha ..... it will be interesting to see if i can have any sales success doing a show SO last minute ...... the tricky thing is that i've been building up my inventory for two sales on consecutive weekends near halloween ..... if i sell much this weekend, i'll have to continue on at my insane creating pace!!! ...... but, until that decision is made, i hereby announce the end of my finish a piece every day craziness .... tomorrow i need to get prints made, get samples matted and famed, get fresh sharpies, put my hands on all the hardware that setting up a booth entails, find my business card extras, and make any signage that i want for the weekend show .... yoinks!!!! ....and, my kids don't have school tomorrow! oh my ...... wish me luck .... and if you happen to be in norcross, come see me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck at the show -- you are a great friend to help out!

I think you will do fine!

Oh and someday post how you make prints ... I am just curious!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

elizabeth...are you in georgia...i will be back to look around more...glad you found me...have a good show...blessings, rebecca