Wednesday, October 10, 2007

a wednesday with no art ... what's an art blogger to do ....

today my kids had a half day .... and my morning was filled with tennis practice .... and the extra minutes were cleaning house for company to come ..... then the company ... then i was a sub coach for so's soccer team ..... then my day was over and i did no art .... what happened ..... if you don't have the i-will-do-art-every-day mentality, then it is SUPER easy to let art fall by the wayside .... i could have squeezed it in ... but it wan't a priority ... all the other stuff was .... so, though tomorrow plans to be just like today, i promise to you (but mostly to myself) that i will do art tomorrow ... i just have to, you know?

so, what's an art free art blogger to blog about? here's my thought:

i really want to be an art blog ..... and there are a zillion and two art blogs out there in cyberspace ..... i read LOADS of them .... but my very favorite art blogs are the ones that are dependable .... the ones that post every day ... or nearly so ...... so that when i go visit, there is something fresh to read ..... i physically MOVE blogs up and down on my list in my bookmarks ..... the more you blog the higher you are on my list ..... some of the blogs i LOVE have less consistent times, so i go and check them less often .... and down they drop .... so here are the blogs currently at the tip top of my list of faves!!!

tops on my list is heidi, one of my sister in law's sisters.... i met her once, in california, at my brother's wedding ... we were actually wearing matching dresses! ha ... royal blue, lace, and i loved it! i've worn LOADS of brides maids dresses but that one was probably my favorite ..... but i digress .... heidi's blog is artsy crafty fun .... she is not solely an artist of a single medium ... she makes signs to sell on ebay ... but then she's also an atc girl and a swap girl .... and lately she's honing her soldering skills .... anyway, she blogs about her family and her house and her yard (actually, i have a yard, she has property ....woods and animals and mole trouble ) .... she is also a VERY consistent blogger .... and usually very lengthy .... which i especially like .... and she always makes me smile ....

next on my list is rebecca, cre8tiva .... i think i only found her about a week ago ..... can that be? she's been posting twice a day since i started reading her ... which i LOVE.... i'm not sure how i found her ... clicking blog to blog somehow ...... anyway ..... she is LOVELY .... i don't think i ever seem WISE or SPIRITUAL or SERENE on my blog (probably not in real life either .... particularly serene: never) .... rebecca seems to be all these things ... she's also really opening up .... i feel like she's telling me her secrets of art and life .... it really is lovely!!

next on my list is wyanne, who is rebecca's pal ... i found her from cre8tiva .... they are best pals, i think ..... and i have a best pal artist friend ... who i ADORE being with and painting with ..... so my thought is, if i love reading rebecca, i'll love her pal too ... so, i've been reading and enjoying her as well ..... wyanne has a VERY nice website .... i want a website!!! i actually started writing one ... my mac is supposed to make it easy ... but ...oh well, it was taking too much time away from painting ..... i need to find someone to make mine for me ..... one more thing on my list of things to do !!

this one isn't a blog .... it is a "daily ditty" ...... wickedly chic is SO cute ... every day there are new links and photos to groovy artsy things that are out there in cyber space .....

another fave is helene ... madame helene is FRENCH ...... le blog des madame helene est en français... j'essaye de le lire.... je le lis à haute voix pour pratiquer ma prononciation et ma voix est belle en francais.... cependant que je suis certain que j'obtienne seulement 60% de ce qu'elle dit.... mais 60 semble très bon pour maintenant..... ainsi.... je pratique mon français... et j'adore l'art d'helene ...... VOILA ... french rocks!!! i minored in french in college ... i'm a titch rusty, but working on it .....

and finally, violette ... she is from canada and is carefree and wonderful .... her art is whimsical and fun .... she supports herself through her artistic endeavor ... that's way more than i can say ...... anyway ....her blogs are very interesting and thought provoking .... she talks about following your muse and frequently bares her soul .... she is colorful and charming and quirky .... i hope someone, sometime, says that i am colorful, charming and quirky!!

so that's it .... go follow the links .... will you add them to your bookmarks? what blogs do you read regularly .... i'd love to see them .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm honored to be included in your daily blog reading!

very impressed you minored in french!

i must go visit all the other's you've mentioned!

i'd write more, here and on my blog, but i'm just out and out tired!!!!!! more jury duty tomorrow...the case continues.....

Darla said...

Hi and good to meet you. I took a brief peek bach through your archives and your work looks so interesting. I'm going back for the details.

My list of blog fav's in on the sidebar on my blog. By no means the entire list.

I started with the idea of an art blog but it quickly became a whole lot of other things. I manage to post most days, just not always art. Thanks for stopping by in any case. Hope to see you again.

Darla