Wednesday, October 17, 2007

change of plans....

julia and drew were sitting next to me ..... we were on the computer ..... they looked at my flickr site .... cause that's what pops up first ....... and julia said .... oh, i saw that in the basement ....
me: whaddaya think?
she: it's ok ...
me: ok???
she: it's nice....
me: nice? .......
she :.... yeah, nice ....
me: you don't like it do you?
she: well, it's ok.....
me: you said that already .....tell me why you don't think it's cool ....or groovy ..... or way great ...... why's it just nice?
she: wellllllll, it doesn't seem like YOU ....
me: how so?
she : buttons? you aren't really a button artist ... buttons aren't cool ..... you usually have cool ......
me: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...... (my version of the lightbulb moment) ....... you don't think my christmas tree should have ordinary, cute buttons ... you think it should have cooler, funkier?
she: exactly..... why did you use buttons and not bottle caps?
me: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa ....... and bingo chips?
she: yes, the weird stuff is much cooler ......

so.... there ya go .... i didn't glue down the buttons cause they didn't seem just quite right ...... and it took a ten year old to figure it out for me!!!

ho ho ho .....

2 comments:

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

a budding artist...how fun to createtogether...blessings, rebecca

Anonymous said...

...maybe the Chirstmas tree was not time to push the buttons... LOL